dimecres, 28 d’abril del 2010

The snowfall

Wednesday, 23rd December, I was in Spain with my family, to spend Christmas's Day. That day we got up very early because it was snowing. It was amazing, because it rarely snows in my country. It was snowing all the day. At night, after dinner we wanted to go for a ride, when we opened the door and a lot of snow fell upon us. We were totally isolated, we couldn't go anywhere. We were closed in the hotel. At this time, I wanted to telephone the newspaper to explain what happened, but we didn't have coverage. So my husband took the camera and filmed me explaining what happened, because when we arrived home, I would write it in the newspaper.
When we were having dinner, we didn't hear any strange noise, so we went out normally when a lot of snow fell upon us. A group of people were having dinner like us, but the other were having dinner at a restaurant outside the hotel. The people were frightened, because we didn't have any electricity, we only had candles, but other people didn't know what happened because they were sleeping. The hotel workers tried to remove the snow but they couldn't.
There was a lot of snow.
Finally, after 5 hours isolated, a helicopter took us out and a truck tried to take out the snow to open the door. I was very scared but when I heard the helicopter landing I felt relieved. Now I'm at home, and I can say that I know what a strong snowfall is.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada